We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel and helping you to discover the beauty of Iceland. We want to assure you that our first responsibility and top priority is the safety and well-being of each of our guests as well as our team. Please take a moment to read our new wellness measures which are in place for your visit to Hotel Rangá. If you have any additional questions, please contact us directly.
General Property Information
- Hotel Rangá´s location in the countryside is perfect for travelers looking to go off grid and explore Iceland´s vast natural beauty. Our property is surrounded by peaceful fields and the lovely Rangá River. A quick drive allows guests to visit ancient glaciers, stunning waterfalls and expansive black sand beaches.
- The entire property has been deep cleaned and sanitized, and we continue to sanitize all spaces daily. Our normal procedures, even before Covid-19, are to thoroughly sanitize high-touch areas such as door handles, TV remotes, telephones and more. We use a specially approved disinfectant product that both cleans and kills germs.
Reception / Check-In and Check-Out
- We encourage a safe distance between all persons in the hotel.
- As always, we respect our guests´ wishes regarding distancing. Guests can contact us ahead of time and inform us about the level of contact they would like from our staff during their stay.
- At check-in and check-out our staff members are keeping a safe distance from guests as well as sanitizing all room keys, pens and other contact areas before and after use.
- Staff members frequently wash their hands and sanitize regularly, according to hotel policies.
- We have sanitizers available for guests in every open space at the hotel.
- Thorough cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, and our cleaning staff always wears gloves.
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces, especially high-touch areas.
- The option of absolute privacy is available to all guests. If guests place a no disturb sign on their door, our housekeeping staff will not enter the room.
- We can also arrange for housekeeping staff to bring fresh linens, towels or additional amenities to the room without entry.
- At the completion of a dining service, the table, chairs and menus will be sanitized prior to the next seating.
- Breakfast buffet has been adjusted to be individually plated and served if guests so wish.
- We give our guests the choice to dine in our main restaurant or they can opt for spreading out more in our second dining room.
- All members of staff frequently wash their hands and sanitize regularly, according to hotel policies.
Hot tubs and Outdoor Spaces
- Our hot tubs are cleaned daily, and sanitization stations are available for use beside the hot tub areas.
- Our outdoor spaces beside the hotel are vast, allowing guests the ability to walk and explore with ample personal space.
Wellness measures are subject to change based on guidance from the Directorate of Health and Icelandic Authorities.